When a women Rest, she rests for the world
After the success of our Mothering the Mother workshops we are excited to announce the dates for much anticipated our Mothering the Mother retreat.
Our 3-day, 2-night retreat will be held from Friday 3rd November at 11am to Sunday 5th November at 4pm
OUR RETREAT SPACE
Hidden amounts 700 acres of ancient forest, In the beautiful surroundings of Somerset’s most tranquil countryside 42acres, once a dairy farm is a dedicated place of retreat and healing.
OUR RETREAT INTENTION
Inviting all mothers with their babes to come and honour their extraordinary journey of motherhood and the women they are today in a nurturing held space, a space to reconnect to themselves and a community of other mothers.
The retreat is open to mothers with babes between new born to 18months with the opportunity of inviting a female guardian to join them for this retreat weekend (grandmother, godmother, sister, aunt, friend)
THE RETREAT HOSTS
Sam Kankanamge – Osteopath, Paediatric Cranial Osteopath, Acupuncturist and Sen Wellness Director
With over 20 years of experience treating new-borns to adults; assisting individuals and families in the UK and internationally, Sam values the importance of hosting a retreat specifically for mothers and babies. Uniquely combining Western and Eastern philosophy in his treatment methods, each treatment is designed individually for each patient based primarily on osteopathic, cranial osteopathic and acupuncture principles. Supported by his medical training Sam draws on his wealth of experience from wider fields of practice including centuries-old ancient energetic healing, ayradic-yogic and chi-gong techniques. Together these help Sam to provide truly holistic treatments with the best possible care and results for you.
Kathryn McCusker – Kundalini Teacher
Kathryn McCusker discovered Kundalini Yoga and Meditation in Mexico in 2000 and has been teaching worldwide ever since. After living in London for eleven years, where she taught private clients including Bjork and Rachel McAdams and classes at Triyoga and Alchemy, she returned to Sydney in 2011 to open KMYOGA, Sydney’s first dedicated Kundalini Yoga Studio, which she ran for three years. She has now returned to London where she is again teaching private clients and group classes, as well as leading retreats worldwide.
Kathryn has a 2-year-old daughter, Isabella and practiced Kundalini Yoga and Meditation pre and post natal. She now finds her daughter enjoys doing yoga and meditation on the mat with her and realises the many benefits for mother and child.
Jemma Foster – Herbalist/Medicinal Chef
Jemma’s entry into the healing arts came as a writer with an interest in quantum physics and the energetics of our world. This evolved into an understanding of the human body, its resonance with the environment and the role of vibrational and plant medicine within that. For the past five years she has been exploring the realms of shamanism, herbalism, medicinal foods and wildcrafting.
Natasha Tillie – Retreat Host and Homeopath
Continuously learning and growing, Natasha feels blessed to support guests during their stay and share her own experiences and insights. She is passionate about helping people on their healing journeys. Natasha has studied with Dr Yubraj Sharma, receiving a homeopathy diploma from the College of Shamanic Homeopathy. Over the past six years, Natasha has hosted and facilitated retreats worldwide, including launching the Sen Wellness Sanctuary, Sri Lanka.
Suyai Steinhauer – independent midwife
Suyai is passionate about supporting women and families through the childbirth continuum so that they emerge feeling joyful, strong and empowered whatever the setting and that babies are met in the most gentle and peaceful way possible. Her philosophy that each birth is a transformative rite of passage, and that each pregnancy, birth and baby comes with their own teachings, lessons and opportunities for growth and transformation. Using a combination of shamanic drumming, bodywork, breath work and Birth Story Listening she is skilled at supporting women to access their own healing and growth. Working with shamanic midwifery, she is an experienced ceremony and ritual facilitator and offers Mother Blessings, Closing the Bones, and Birth Reclaiming Ceremonies. Having lived and worked all over the world, she brings this depth and breadth of experience to the process of midwifing women through the childbirth continuum, the transition to parenthood and beyond.
Mark Mabon – Chef/Food Educator
Mark’s life-long passion is exploring potential and transformation. His own experience of lifestyle change at 23 led to him to open London’s first juice bar and chain, one of 7 small business through the years, always focused on personal or social change. Mark naturally fell into becoming a chef and food educator when he volunteered on a retreat. The food was so delicious that he found himself being regularly booked and sharing recipes and tips. Mark’s food draws inspiration from rawfoodism, oriental and western food as well as dedication to promote a way to health and vitality based on seasonal, regional, sustainable eating. His food craft has developed out of the challenge of making uncompromisingly satisfying food for the most restrictive diets. No wheat no dairy no sugar no yeast no whatever, no problem – in fact, all the better.
Everything is hand made, sourced as locally as possible from small scale, local, artisan growers and producers. Our lovely chef Mark will produce an array of freshly prepared vibrant food for all to enjoy.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Women’s circle – an opportunity to connect, listens and shares with other mothers in a safe environment.
• 45min Massage to relax and open up the body
• 30min cranial osteopathy with Sam for your little one
• Prescribed herbal teas, flower essences and essential oil blends from Jemma Foster
• Closing of the bones ceremony with Suyai Steinhauer
• Daily fresh and nutritious foods, by Mark Mabon
• Accommodation in the beautiful surroundings of 42acres
• Post care will be provided to ensure you continuously receive on going support and advice from a trusting community of professional therapists and teachers.
• Opportunity for natal astrological chart readings with Jemma Foster (additional cost)
• Daily Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. The classes will be tailored to the group depending on their needs, from spine and pelvic floor issues to post natural depression. Kathryn will also suggest a daily routine/practice for each mother to take away with them if they so wish.
• 45min cranial osteopathy with Sam Kankanamge – An opportunity for Sam to access where you are physically /emotionally/ mentally and support you accordingly.
• Homeopathy tips and advice from Natasha Tillie and an emergency Mums and Baby kits to take away with you.
• Foraging walks for food and medicine to create tinctures and balms with Jemma Foster
• Child care support with Suyai Steinhauer
• Educational food tips and advice from Mark Mabon
• Goodie Bag full of self care remedies to take home with you
• Opportunity birth tumour therapy with Suyai Steinhauer
• Opportunity for individual homeopathic consultations with Natasha Tillie (additional cost)
Just based outside of Frome, approx. 2 ½ hour drive from London.
PRICES (All inclusive other than specified)
(Before 15 Sept)
(After 15 Sept)
|Small room with shared shower room||£500||£595|
|Medium Room shared bathroom||£650||£750|
|Medium Room en suite||£750||£850|
|Privately access medium rooms en suite||£850||£950|
|Master en suite Bedroom||£1095||£1195|
*An extra £300 for an additional guest
Mothering the Mother Workshop
Our next date for the Mothering the Mother Workshop at our London based clinic,
66 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8AW
Saturday September 9 – 9.30 – 13.30
For more information please contact Natasha